Assistant Manager – Sales and Distribution: Telecom Infrastructure Products Business Unit. Technology & Communications Division, MHD – ITICS Cluster
The appointee to this position will take responsibility for revenue growth through new business generation and maintaining a successful commercial relationship between MHD and its key distribution partner.
Identifying and developing new sales channel, product applications and new customers.
Develop retail business channel for ODN, Fiber products, Test and Measurement equipment, PMR, Satellite phones etc.
Introduce and develop new products inline with company’s existing portfolio.
The individual will use his/her experience in business development and account management to drive revenue through selected key partners as well as generating business with several key end users.
Required to initiate, devise, and make sales plans, budgets, monitor the business progress as per the target guidelines, ensure achieving sales target, gross margins targets in accordance with approved budgets.
- 1. 10-12 years of experience in similar or engineering product domain in gulf region with at least 3-4 years in distribution business.
- 2. Knowledge of Fiber, ODN and other related test and measurement technologies in the telecom domain.
- 3. Knowledge of Satellite technologies, Private Mobile Radios (HF, UHF, VHF, Unlicensed) is required.
- 4. Manage Sales growth with channel partners.
- 5. Having in depth understanding about sales and distribution domain at various level of the distributor’s customers.
- 6. Achieve Orders, Invoicing, Margins & Collections as per the Budget/KRA.
- 7. Effective pipeline management, budgeting, forecasting, reporting & periodic review with Business Unit Head. Improvement of customer satisfaction through number of customer visits, market share per market segment, new customers / period etc.
- 8. Prepare the most suitable and competitive offer along with/without pre-sales team to meet the needs of the customer in partnership with the principals and in accordance with Company’s policies on margins and
- 9. Generating leads, Preparation of RFP/Tender response, Queries & Bid closure.
- 10. Build sustainable relationships with Customers.
- 11. Developing proper database on market information & competitors.
- 12. Well organized, analytical, detail-oriented and quality-minded, able to eliminate sales obstacles through creative and adaptive approaches.
- 13. Proven track record of planning sales pipeline, budgeting and forecasting leading to achievement of sales targets.
- 14. Strong interpersonal & leadership skills and ability to work with cross-functional departments.
Required profile and experience:
- 1. Graduate, preferably engineering, with a business management degree and exposed to latest technology and trends in the business domain.
- 2. Experience of at least 3-4 years in Telecom distribution business.
- 3. Should have worked in a company established in similar business, in a similar position.